USC Football has nine Pac-12 Matchups this year, of course, in the first year where there are no more divisions in the conference. Their non-conference slate also contains no FCS programs, of course. These traditions remain, as well as the tradition of the Trojans playing against Notre Dame.
The schedule has its strengths, and also has its weaker spots. There's a short week later on the schedule, as well as a behemoth of a rivalry matchup during rivalry weekend at the very end of the year. Taking a look at the schedule, this team will be going 10-2 with a trip to the Pac-12 Championship. Check out what they'll be playing to get to that level:
- WEEK 1 · Saturday, September 3rd · 3:00 p.m. PT: Rice (Won 66-14)
- WEEK 2 · Saturday, September 10th · 4:30 p.m. PT: @ Stanford (Won 41-28)
- WEEK 3 · Saturday, September 17th · 7:30 p.m. PT: Fresno State (Won 45-17)
- WEEK 4 · Saturday, September 24th · 6:30 p.m. PT: @ Oregon State (Won 17-14)
- WEEK 5 · Saturday, October 1st · 7:30 p.m. PT: Arizona State (Won 42-25)
- WEEK 6 · Saturday, October 8th · 4:30 p.m. PT: Washington State (Won 30-14)
- WEEK 7 · Saturday, October 15th · 5:00 p.m. PT: @ Utah (Lost 43-42)
- WEEK 8 Bye
- WEEK 9 · Saturday, October 29th · 4:00 p.m. PT: @ Arizona (Won 45-37)
- WEEK 10 · Saturday, November 5th · TBD: California
- WEEK 11 · Friday, November 11th · 6:30 p.m. PT: Colorado
- WEEK 12 · Saturday, November 19th · TBD: @ UCLA
- WEEK 13 · Saturday, November 26th · TBD: Notre Dame
That UCLA game very well may end up being the biggest game of the year. With it also being a major rivalry game, all eyes will be on L.A. when the Trojans head to the Rose Bowl to play what could be a true classic of a Pac-12 matchup. That and the Utah game are likely to be the most pivotal of the season.
Unfortunately, SC doesn't get either of those at home, but at least the travel of course won't be much for the trip to play the Bruins. As long as this team wins nine to 10 games, they're most certainly on schedule to getting back under Lincoln Riley by the time they head to the Big Ten.