The Trojans are mostly healthy, but Amon-Ra St. Brown and Andrew Vorhees added new knocks Tuesday. Here’s the USC football injury report for September 25.
USC football opened preparations for the Arizona game with a relatively healthy squad, though several players have picked up minor concerns.
On Tuesday, defensive lineman Jay Tufele became the most recent Trojan to miss out on a day of practice because of illness. He is expected to return to action on Wednesday, according to head coach Clay Helton.
Linebacker Porter Gustin dressed, but did not participate in practice as a precaution as he continues the road back to full health from the summer’s knee surgery. Christian Rector worked in his spot throughout the day.
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers
On the offensive line, two Trojan starters were limited. Right guard Andrew Vorhees was limited with a sternum contusion, missing some action but ultimately finishing out the day. Alijah Vera-Tucker took first team reps during the periods Vorhees was sidelined.
Right tackle Chuma Edoga started the day but went to the trainer’s table midway through practice and was replaced by Jalen McKenzie. Helton did not include Edoga in his post-practice injury update, but the senior has been nagged by a hip injury since Fall Camp.
The wide receiver spot has also taken a slight injury hit. Amon-Ra St. Brown was limited on Tuesday with an AC shoulder sprain while Velus Jones Jr. seems to be practicing through an elbow injury he picked up against Washington State. Both remain likely to see the field on Saturday.
In another touch of good news, Josh Imatorbhebhe was a full participant in practice, returning from an ankle injury suffered in Fall Camp.
USC Injury Report
- Out for the season
- LB Tayler Katoa (LDS Mission)
- DB Isaiah Pola-Mao (shoulder)
- K Chase McGrath (knee)
- DB Bubba Bolden (suspension)
- TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (quad)
- LB Oluwole Betiku (hip)
- LB Solomon Tuliaupupu (foot)
- WR Josh Imatorbhebhe (ankle)
- OL Chuma Edoga (undisclosed)
- OL Andrew Vorhees (sternum)
- WR Velus Jones Jr. (elbow)
- WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (shoulder)
- DL Jay Tufele (illness)
- LB Porter Gustin (knee)
That’s not all. Linebacker Oluwole Betiku continues to progress from hip surgery, running with a trainer on Tuesday.
Fellow linebacker Solomon Tuliaupupu did not dress, but he shadowed the team warm up as he too approaches a return from the foot injury which has delayed his Trojan debut.