Center Toa Lobendahn was back on the practice field on Tuesday along with another trio of returnees. Here’s the USC football injury report for September 4.
USC football’s injury list is starting to look a bit less full with the return of several players who missed Week 1 action.
Chief among those is center Toa Lobendahn, who practiced in full pads for the first time in a week on Tuesday. He sat out the UNLV game with a pectoral injury.
Lobendahn was able to participate in 11-on-11 periods without major incident, though head coach Clay Helton said they’ll keep an eye on how he feels Wednesday.
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers
Linebacker Palaie Gaoteote made his return from knee surgery on Tuesday as well, taking part fully for half the practice. He was pulled as a precaution as they ease him back, Helton said.
Running back Markese Stepp, who was cleared from concussion protocol late last week but not in time to play on Saturday, saw plenty of action on Tuesday.
Defensive lineman Liam Jimmons was also able to suit up, though his turf toe remains a concern.
Unfortunately, tight end Josh Falo was not among those who returned, still out of pads as he works back from a hamstring injury. However, Helton did note he is getting closer to getting back.
Helton didn’t have additional updates, but a handful of other Trojans had what appeared to be injury issues on Tuesday.
Outside linebacker Juliano Falaniko was on the sidelines from the start of practice.
Defensive lineman Caleb Tremblay spent the majority of the day sitting on the trainer’s table with his foot wrapped.
Fellow big man Brandon Pili had his pads off and watched the end of practice from the sidelines.
USC Football Injury Report
- Out for the season
- LB Tayler Katoa (LDS Mission)
- LB Oluwole Betiku (hip)
- LB Solomon Tuliaupupu (foot)
- DB Bubba Bolden (suspension)
- TE Austin Applebee (mono)
- TE Josh Falo (hamstring)
- TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (quad)
- WR Josh Imatorbhebhe (ankle)
- WR Jake Russell (hamstring)
- DL Caleb Tremblay (foot)
- DL Brandon Pili (undisclosed)
- OL Toa Lobendahn (pec)
- DL Liam Jimmons (toe)
- LB Palaie Gaoteote (knee)
Cornerback Greg Johnson was not present at Howard Jones Field, leaving Isaiah Langley to take first team reps.
Meanwhile, receiver Josh Imatorbhebhe, tight end Daniel Imatorbhebhe, linebackers Solomon Tuliaupupu and Oluwole Betiku continued to sit out.
Tight end Austin Applebee was back in pads but working with a trainer on his own.