USC football parted ways with Steve Sarkisian Monday, leaving current and former Trojan players to rally behind the head coach and look forward to the future.
Several players sent well wishes to Sarkisian via Twitter, including freshman running back Dominic Davis, who urged the Trojan family to pray for him during his treatment for alcohol abuse.
Several of Sarkisian’s former players also posted messages of support.
Former running back Lendale White:
Former tight end Randall Telfer:
Former running back Marc Tyler:
Former punter Negrete:
Twitter also became a place for Trojans to rally around each other as they prepare for the remainder of the season without Sarkisian.
This will be the second time in three years that this group of upperclassmen have had to finish out a campaign with an interim coach in charge, but the players assured Twitter that they have not given up on the season.
Running back Justin Davis:
Linebacker Scott Felix:
Punter Kris Albarado:
Wide receiver Darreus Rogers:
Former quarterback Matt Barkley:
Former tight end Dominique Byrd:
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers