USC football wasted no time parting ways with Steve Sarkisian for good after it was announced that he would be taking a leave of absence Sunday night. Pat Haden fired the head coach officially Monday, leaving Twitter to explode for the second day in a row.
Sarkisian was deemed unfit for work Sunday, presumably due to continued struggles with alcohol abuse. The Trojans put him on a leave of absence to seek treatment but the conventional wisdom said that the second-year head coach would not be returning.
Still it caught most by surprise that USC made the parting official on Monday.
Here’s how the Twittersphere responded to the news:
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers