Porter Gustin gave USC a late Christmas present, picking the Trojans over Ohio State, Arizona State and Utah Tuesday.
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers
The four-star linebacker from Utah is among the top players in the country at that position and joins five-star Osa Masina among USC’s top-quality recruits for 2015 on defense.
With the ability to play on the line, as an outside linebacker or inside linebacker, Gustin is a major pick up which starts the ball rolling towards Signing Day.
After an official visit to Ohio State over the weekend, momentum had swung the Buckeyes’ way, but ultimately Steve Sarkisian got his man.
Naturally, Twitter was abuzz with the news. Here’s the best of the social media reaction to Gustin’s choice: