Reign of Troy Radio, a USC football podcast, returns to preview Saturday’s USC vs. Washington State game on the Palouse.
The Trojans desperately need a win to bounce back from last week’s loss to Utah, and the struggling Cougars could either be exactly what the doctor ordered or a dangerous test for the inconsistencies of USC’s season. The way both teams have played this season, you can never be too sure.
Here’s what’s on tap in the podcast:
- A preview of Saturday’s game, as we take a glance at Washington State. The Trojans’ bend but don’t break defense has allowed teams to throw underneath all season. Is that playing into the Cougars’ hand, as an air raid passing attack that lives and dies by short passes?
- Defensively, WSU looks more like Fresno State and Colorado than Utah or Stanford. Should we expect more out of the USC offense?
- Predictions! Trojans and Cougs.
- The odds are slim, but does USC have a chance to both run the table and get the necessary help to win the Pac-12 South?
- Lastly, are the Trojans regressing from last season? The Trojans finished the 2014 season with a 10-4 record despite having three coaches. This year, USC has an unlucky track record in the dying seconds, but look hard pressed to get the 10-win mark, possibly needing wins the championship game and bowl game to get there.
Stay tuned to Reign of Troy Radio, as we’ll be back early next to recap Saturday’s USC vs. Washington State game. As always, be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest on the Trojans.
More from Reign of Troy
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers
- Talanoa Hufanga is officially and rightly an All-American for USC football
- Five things USC football can do to increase optimism for 2021