Reign of Troy’s USC podcast returns to break down the opening week of USC’s 2018 Fall Camp including the quarterback battle and more.
MORE PODCASTS: Full Archive of Reign of Troy Radio
In this week’s 81-minute episode, co-hosts Michael Castillo and Alicia de Artola run down all the happenings from the opening weekend of Fall Camp.Having trouble? Download an MP3, or listen on Spreaker, iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher.
What’s in store with this USC podcast:
- Michael and Alicia open the show talking Fall Camp tan lines and fashion choices before diving into the news.
- Before more Fall Camp talk, the first bit of news to address comes from the recruiting ranks where USC has picked up two new commits over the weekend. On Friday, four-star tight end Jude Wolfe joined the class of 2019 before five-star kicker Parker Lewis jumped on board the class of 2020 on Sunday.
- Turning towards Fall Camp, Michael and Alicia discuss Tayler Katoa’s decision to leave for his LDS Mission and breakdown all the latest injury news.
- Discussions take a turn for the depressing as Michael comes to terms with the fact that Dominic Davis will be playing cornerback, not running back, for the Trojans in 2018.
- The main event, of course, is the quarterback battle. What have JT Daniels, Jack Sears and Matt Fink showed in the opening two days of camp?
- The quarterbacks aren’t the only ones making waves so far. What does the quick start from the defense mean for USC? And does Olaijah Griffin have a real shot at nabbing a cornerback spot?
- Opening the mailbag, the RoT duo pay tribute to a departed member of the Trojan family, then answer questions on topics from Fall Camp and beyond:
- What’s going on with the snapping issues at camp?
- How are the special teamers looking so far?
- What’s the biggest advantage of starting JT Daniels?
- Which freshmen look most ready to contribute physically?
- Who should be playing behind Cam Smith?
- And more.
Want more USC podcast content in your life? Look no further than the Reign of Troy Patreon where you can listen to Alicia’s Practice Carcast recaps, extra mailbags and more. Join Club 55 for just $5.55 a month and get all of Reign of Troy’s bonus content.
You can reach the show by leaving a message on the Reign of Troy Rant Line at 213-373-1872 or via email at email@example.com. You can also get in touch through Twitter or Facebook.