Looking at the Trojans’ Rose Bowl trophy field trip to Staples Center, and much more USC football news.
Can’t get enough USC football (and basketball) news? We’ve got your weekly dose of all the best content from around the web concerning the men of Troy.
The Rose Bowl Trophy has sure made the rounds following USC’s dramatic 52-49 win over Penn State on January 2nd. The official tour included stops at the bookstore, the Health Sciences Campus and Costa Mesa’s South Coast Plaza.
But Thursday night, less a month after the Stanley Cup paid Tommy Trojan a visit, USC’s newest and equally shiny piece of hardware took in the coolest game on Earth.
Accompanying the Leishman Trophy at the LA Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes game at Staples Center was USC head coach Clay Helton, quarterback Sam Darnold, tight end Daniel Imatorbhebhe and wide receiver Deontay Burnett.
A post shared by 2 Cup Kings (@thedogsbollocks2) on
The troupe was introduced during the first period, where they were greeted with loud cheers and a few boos.
The Kings lost the game, 5-3, despite a two-goal effort from left wing Tanner Pearson. Twenty-year-old Adrian Kempe logged 15 minutes of scoreless ice time in his debut.
10 Best USC Football and Basketball Links of the Week
- RIP and #FightOnForever: Mike Walden (The Ripsit Blog)The former USC and UCLA commentator passed away last weekend at the age of 89. He was the Trojans’ voice during the middle portion of the John McKay Era.
- Basketball Game at UCLA to Show Trojans’ Worthiness (Daily Trojan)Eric He takes a look at USC basketball’s huge game in Westwood on Saturday, where they’ll look for a fifth-straight win over the Bruins.
- Andy Enfield Gives USC a Shot in the Arm (OC Register)Joey Kaufman’s Pre-UCLA story is a deep dive into the head coach leading the 21-5 Trojans.
- USC to Host 4-star WR Jevon Holland (Scout)After signing a pair of Bishop O’Down recruits –Alijah Vera-Tucker and Jay Godfrey– the Trojans are now set to have another on hand for an unofficial visit.
- Max Wright Talks His USC Offer (Bleacher Report)B/R caught up with the four-star defensive end who had high praise for the Trojans’ strong finish on and off the field.
- Interview with USC OC Tee Martin (Peristyle Podcast)Ryan Abraham of USCFootball.com sat down with the Trojan offensive coordinator before spring ball gets underway.
- What Jay Tufele Brings to USC (Conquest Chronicles)The Trojans got a Day 1 playmaker when they signed the big four-star lineman out of Utah.
- Heavyweight Champ Not Afraid of Gerald Washington (Sporting Life)Washington, a former USC football player, has a WBC heavyweight title bout with Deontay Wilder set for February 25th. Wilder says he “doesn’t know what’s coming for him.”
- Clay Helton to Host Coaches Clinic (USC)The Trojans will host their annual coaches clinic on March 31st and April 1st, with Washington’s Chris Petersen making a cameo appearance.
- Former USC Legend O.J. Simpson is Up For Parole (SI)The ex-Trojan great and highly controversial figure could be freed this year. Sports Illustrated delves into his case and breaks down his chances.
Reign of Troy Round Up:
- Five Ways to Survive USC’s Football’s OffseasonFootball season is still a long ways off, but there’s still ways to get a Trojan fix.
- Episode 188: The FancastThe podcast is joined by a trio of RoTbots to discuss what it means to be a USC football fan.
- Episode 189: An Offseason RoundupBetween Matt Corral’s transfer and the NFL Combine news, the RoT Crew walks through the latest news and nuggets.
- Trojans Sending Eight Players to NFL CombineAdoree’ Jackson and Juju Smith-Schuster lead the way as USC is tied with Utah as the Pac-12’s most represented team in Indianapolis.
- USC is Stacked at Safety PositionsEven with Jaiden Woodbey picking Ohio State, the Trojans should be fine in the deep secondary.
- Ten USC Recruits in the 2018 Class You Must KnowSigning Day is still 50 weeks away, but it’s never too early to start keeping tabs on Jalen Hall and company in the 2018 class.