Leonard Williams was already projected to be among the top picks at the 2015 NFL draft, but his performance Sunday at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis may have helped vault him into the top two.
The accolades flowed in when the former USC star posted a 5.01 unofficial time in the 40-yard dash, which was later confirmed to be even faster at 4.97 when the official times came in.
Williams is on the record wanting to join the Raiders, who own the No. 4 pick, but his elite size and athleticism will probably see him go higher. The Tennessee Titans at No. 2 have become a trendy pick for his eventual landing spot.
The standout defensive lineman was the talk of Indianapolis and the talk of social media. Here’s the best of Twitter’s reaction to Williams’ day:
What do you think of Williams sub-5 second time in the 40-yard dash and his draft prospects? Sound off in the comments below.
More from Reign of Troy
- Markese Stepp enters transfer portal intending to leave USC football
- USC football’s Alijah Vera-Tucker declares for NFL Draft
- USC football adds Xavion Alford as transfer from Texas
- USC Podcast: RoT Radio Ep. 396 on the Football Season’s Fallout
- Talanoa Hufanga named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, USC football with five first-teamers