Reign of Troy Radio’s USC podcast returns discuss Kliff Kingsbury’s departure as USC offensive coordinator and so much more.
MORE PODCASTS: Full Archive of Reign of Troy Radio
In an episode running 67 minutes, co-hosts Michael Castillo and Alicia de Artola react to all the angles of the Kliff Kingsbury story, from the Cardinals’ decision to hire him to potential candidates to replace him.Having trouble? Download an MP3, or listen on Spreaker, iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher.
What’s in store with this USC podcast:
- This week’s show starts in an obvious place: Kliff Kingsbury is no longer USC’s offensive coordinator and that’s kind of a big deal.
- Michael and Alicia discuss all the talking points surrounding Kingsbury’s departure. Did Kingsbury do something wrong here? Did USC? Did the Cardinals?
- What is the deal with Kingsbury’s low $150,000 buyout and what does it say about USC that they allowed him to sign that contract?
- Did USC block Kingsbury from initially interviewing with Arizona and New York? And if they didn’t, why does that still demonstrate all the apparent incompetence of the current administration?
- Where should the Trojans look next as the search for a new offensive coordinator resumes?
- It’s not all Kingsbury news on the agenda. The RoT duo also discuss USC’s big recruiting pick ups at the All-American Bowl, the transfer of Oluwole Betiku and Jordan Usher’s move to Georgia Tech.
- Finally, the show ends with a quick dive into the mailbag with a couple of questions on coaching moves and USC’s future national title pursuits.
As USC’s coaching staff undergoes another transformation, now is the time to jump in and join the Reign of Troy Patreon, where there will be bonus podcast content galore. Keep up to the minute on the big developments around the Trojans with Alicia’s Snap Take episodes, reacting to breaking news in the moment. Stay engaged with RoTBot Choice discussions, Takes with Jake covering broader college football, trivia, RoT on Hoops and much more. Click here to learn more.
The Reign of Troy Rant Line remains open even in the offseason, so be sure to call into 213-373-1872 to have your thoughts on the latest happenings around USC aired on the show. Questions, comments and more can also be sent in through emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.