February 1st is the next USC Signing Day, as the 2017 football stars of tomorrow near decision time. Here’s a look at the day’s schedule of events.
USC Signing Day 2017 kicks off in the early hours on Wednesday, February 1st, with the Trojans in the mix for several high-profile, including two five-stars. Four-star linebacker target Levi Jones will be making the first on-air announcement during the 5:00 a.m. PT hour of ESPN’s Signing Day coverage.
Here’s all you need to know to plan your day around the announcements for USC Signing Day 2017, along with where to watch them:
National Signing Day (2/1)
- 5:55 a.m. PT – 4-star LB Levi Jones (ESPNU): USC’s only linebacker left on the board will decide between the Trojans and their Florida or Florida State. FSU got the last visit for the Austin native over the weekend, while UCLA and hometown Texas were eliminated on Sunday. Live Stream>>
- 7:00 a.m. PT – 5-star DT Aubrey Solomon (ESPNU): The nation’s No. 2 defensive tackle out of Leesburg, Ga. is down to USC, Michigan, Alabama and Georgia. It’s believed to be a three-horse race between the Trojans, Tide and his original commitment, Jim Harbaugh’s Wolverines. Live Stream>>
- 9:00 a.m. PT – 4-star DT Jay Tufele: Perhaps the Trojans’ No. 1 target, Utah’s Tufele ranks as the No. 3 defensive tackle in the nation and will choose between in-state rivals Utah and BYU, along with Michigan, Ohio State and USC. The Utes got his final visit, while he was in Los Angeles the previous weekend alongside Washington flip Marlon Tuipulotu.
RELATED: USC’s 10 Best Signing Day Gets
- 9:00 a.m. PT – 4-star OT Austin Jackson (MaxPreps): A USC legacy and player of need, the No. 8 tackle on the 2017 class will decide between USC, Arizona State and Washington on Wednesday morning at Phoenix’s North Canyon High School. Live Stream>>
- 11:45 a.m. PT – 4-star TE Josh Falo: Originally slated to announce on Monday, Falo postponed his announcement to Signing Day, when he’ll choose between USC, Oregon and Colorado. Both of his older brothers were recruited by and/or played for CU’s Mike McIntyre, while Oregon got his final visit.
- 1:00 p.m. PT – 5-star WR Joseph Lewis and 4-star ATH Greg Johnson (ESPN2): The stars of Hawkins High School, which sits just 20 blocks from USC’s campus, will make their decisions known together on Signing Day. They both visited the Trojans over the weekend, and will have a hat from Nebraska on the table.
- 1:00 p.m. PT – 4-star CB Elijah Blades: Blades recently de-committed from Florida then named a Top 5 including USC, Oregon, Nebraska, Georgia and Florida.
- TBA – 4-star DT Javon Kinlaw: If there’s one thing for sure, it’s that Javon Kinlaw is going to USC. Both the Trojans and South Carolina Gamecocks are the finalists for the Jones County JC transfer.