Three & Out:
- Next Year’s Draft: Yesterday Reign of Troy’s own Michael Castillo took a look at some Trojans who could make their way in the draft next year. Interestingly enough, next year’s draft narrative is shaping up in much the same way this year’s did.
USC has an outstanding sophomore talent who enters their junior season with top pick potential. Let’s just hope that Leonard Williams’ storyline skips the injury trouble and draft slide that Marqise Lee faced.
To be sure, Williams has everything NFL teams could be looking for. Size, ability, experience and versatility. He checks every box. It’s been two years since USC had a first round pick. Williams is the most likely to put the Trojans back in the mix.
- Breslin Cashing In?: As it turns out, Lee isn’t the only Trojan who could see a payday following his draft slide. In fact, it’s Morgan Breslin who seems to have the best case to collect on an insurance policy he took out on himself last summer. The policy, which is reportedly worth between $750,000 to $1 million, would make up for Breslin’s slip from a projected first round pick to undrafted free agent. It would also be the first policy actually paid out to a collegiate athlete.
- Big Fish: Andy Enfield got his 2015 recruiting class off to a big start, landing the commitment of four-star power forward Chimezie Metu. Metu is 6’9 and exhibits a scoring ability which should blend nicely with Enfield’s intention to bring high-flying offense to the Galen Center.
Tweets of the Day:
So blessed and excited to announce that after my senior year at Lawndale I will be attending the University of Southern California
— Chimezie Metu™ (@Chimezie_Metu) May 13, 2014
— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics) May 12, 2014
- Chimezie Metu, Four-Star Power Forward, Commits to USC (Reign Of Troy)
- 2015 NFL Draft: An Early Look at Five USC Trojans Who Could Get Drafted (Reign Of Troy)
- 2014 NFL Draft Recap: Who Drafted USC Players? (Reign Of Troy)
- USC Football: Who Is Replacing Every Former Trojan Taken in 2014 NFL Draft (Bleacher Report)