The regular season is barely over and the drive to reload is alive at well at USC, with the Trojans’ coaching staff taking several trips around the country for in-home visits since the Class of 2013 contact period for recruiting began on November 25th.
- Jalen Ramsey had an in-home visit on Monday night from wide receivers coach Tee Martin, who is the head recruiter for the Tennessee and Kentucky region, in addition other areas within SEC country. Ramsey visited Coliseum on Saturday for the Notre Dame game and took in the Vista Murrieta vs. Rancho Cucamonga high school game on Friday to support fellow defensive back commits Su’a Cravens and Chris Hawkins.
- Next up for Tee Martin is defense end commit Jason Hatcher from Louisville, Kentucky. Martin’s visit with Hatcher is scheduled for today.
- Ty Isaac had a visit from USC’s special teams coordinator John Baxter on Monday night and it ‘went well’ according to ESPN’s Blair Angulo.
- Eldridge Massington had a visit on Tuesday and judging by his tweets here, here and here, the visit appears to have been a success for Massington and the Trojans.
- Michael Hutchings will host USC quarterbacks coach Clay Helton tonight for an in-home visit up north in Concord, while Helton caught up with running back Justin Davis on Monday in Stockton.
- Eddie Vanderdoes will also get a visit from Helton, with his being on Thursday. Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron is also scheduled to visit the Placer defensive tackle, as he is set to stop by next week. Vanderdoes visited UCLA for the Stanford game on Saturday although according to Angulo, he will only open his recruitment if Orgeron were to leave USC.
- This week, Orgeron is heading to the east coast where he will have in-home visits with USC commits and East Christian Academy teammates Kenny Bigelow and Khaliel Rodgers on Thursday.
- On Tuesday, linebacker Trey Johnson was the first recruit to get an Orgeron visit this week, and it came on the same day he decommitted from Auburn.
- Montravius Adams appears to be the Trojans’ biggest current target, despite the class being fully maxed out with 17 commitments for the time being. Orgeron will visit Adams today at his home in Vienna, Georgia, and also has a visit scheduled this week with top Auburn commit Carl Lawson, who resides in Alpharetta, just north of Atlanta.
Tags: Carl Lawson Chris Hawkins Eddie Vanderdoes Eldridge Massington Football Jalen Ramsey Jason Hatcher Justin Davis Kenny Bigelow Khaliel Rodgers Michael Hutchings Montravius Adams Su'a Cravens Trey Johnson Ty Isaac USC Trojans