The newest episode of the Reign of Troy Radio USC podcast takes a look at the Trojans’ nail-biting double-overtime victory over Texas.
MORE PODCASTS: Full Archive of Reign of Troy Radio
Reign of Troy Radio is back with an 80-minute podcast that looks back at USC’s 27-24 win over Texas at the Coliseum with co-hosts Michael Castillo and Alicia de Artola, along with calls, texts and other reaction from the Reign of Troy Rave/Rant Line.
What’s in store with this USC podcast:
- Despite the minor interruption of an earthquake mid-recording, Michael and Alicia dive into the news coming out of the USC-Texas game, including a rash of injury concerns.
- Did the AP poll get it right by flipping USC and Penn State in the rankings once again? The RoT Crew debate.
- Another week, another over/under struggle for one of the RoT hosts. Who came out on top picking over/unders this week? And just how off were both Michael and Alicia’s score predictions?
- Thanks to a flood of listener calls, texts and tweets, the game recap this week once again takes the form of a mailbag. Topics include:
- What is the best way to judge a game in which USC failed to cover a 17-point spread but showed character by pulling off the win?
- Are the injuries the Trojans face this week a sign that USC should substitute more on defense? Or was the performance of the back ups against Texas proof that Clancy Pendergast’s substitution philosophy works?
- What should you make of Jack Jones’ performance on Saturday and is Bubba Bolden a solution at cornerback?
- Were FOX’s announcers biased against USC? Or were they just chasing the juiciest storyline?
- The podcast ends with a check in from Sean in Beautiful Austin, Texas, whose trip to Los Angeles for the game was made possible thanks to the generosity of countless RoTBots.
Later this week, RoT Radio will have a preview episode covering all the angles of USC’s weekender at Cal. On Saturday following the game, Michael and Alicia will return with a carcast with their first reactions.
Join in the conversation by calling the Reign of Troy Rant/Rave line at 213-373-1872 and leaving a voice mail. Also, send in your thoughts via email to [email protected] or on Twitter to @ReignofTroy.