Three & Out:
- Max Wittek Transfer Saga Continues: Reports out of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser indicated Wednesday that former USC quarterback Max Wittek could end up at the University of Hawaii after all — as a walkon. Wittek, you may recall, missed his chance to transfer to Texas without sitting out a year when he failed to graduate on time. The move to Norm Chow’s Hawaii will still require a year of sitting out, but Wittek would be the shoo-in starter for the 2015 season.
- You Win Some: Steve Sarkisian welcomed the ninth recruit in the 2015 class Wednesday with the commitment of three-star offensive tackle Clayton Johnston out of Servite. The 6-6, 280 pound tackle credited new USC offensive line coach Tim Drevno as a big part of his decision and he certainly fits the bill as a Drevno recruit in terms of size and power. Though he lacks the accolades of fellow 2015 USC commits Chuma Edoga and Roy Hemsley, he should fit nicely into Drevno’s plans to bulk up the Trojan offensive line.
- You Lose Some: Unfortunately it wasn’t all good news for USC recruiting yesterday. Four-star tight end recruit Tyler Petite shocked just about everyone when he committed to Duke over USC Wednesday morning. Citing academics and general feeling, Petite’s decision is a tough pill to swallow for the Trojans. With three scholarship tight ends set on the roster for 2014 and the departure of Randall Telfer due in 2015, bringing in reinforcements is essential.
Tweet of the Day:
— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) July 3, 2014
- Tyler Petite Commits to Duke Over USC (Reign Of Troy)
- Clayton Johnston Commits to USC (Reign Of Troy)
- Twitter Reacts to Clayton Johnston’s Commitment to USC (Reign Of Troy)
- Twitter Reaction to Tyler Petite’s Commitment to Duke Over USC (Reign Of Troy)
- Clayton Johnston Commits To USC (FightOn247)
- Wittek might join UH as walk-on (Honolulu Star-Advertiser)
- Year in Troy: Coaches on the Rise (RipsIt Blog)