Toronto Raptors shooting guard and former USC Trojan, DeMar DeRozan will participate in the 2014 NBA All-Star Skills Challenge on Feb. 15.
DeRozan’s appearance in the Skills Challenge coincides with his first trip to the game as an All-Star. The athletic swingman is currently averaging 22.0 points per game, 4.6 rebounds per game and 3.8 assists per game, which are all career highs.
DeRozan, along with Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry have the Raptors at 26-23, good for first place in the Atlantic Division and third in the Eastern Conference.
The Compton, Calif. native played one season at USC, which ended with a 22-13 record an appearance in the NCAA Tournament and were eliminated in the second round with a five-point loss at the hands of the Michigan State Spartans.
The contest is a combination of dribbling, shooting and passing drills, and the participants are broken into four teams of two. Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers, returns as the defending champion.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
- DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors)
- Michael Carter-Williams (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic)
- Trey Burke (Utah Jazz)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Goran Dragic (Phoenix Suns)
- Reggie Jackson (Oklahoma City Thunder)