Toronto Raptors guard and former USC Trojan DeMar DeRozan was named as an Eastern Conference reserve for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game.
In his fifth season in the NBA, DeRozan is averaging career-highs in points (21.8), assists (3.6) and rebounds (4.7). DeRozan and the Raptors agreed to a four-year deal worth $40 million in November of 2012.
DeRozan was drafted ninth overall in the 2009 draft after he played only season at USC.
In his lone season with the Trojans, DeRozan helped guide the team to a 22-13 record and into the round of 32 in the Men’s NCAA Tournament.
As a member of the Trojans, DeRozan averaged 13.9 points per game on 52.3% shooting from the field.
The 2014 game, which is set to be played in New Orleans, La. on Feb. 16, will mark DeRozan’s first All-Star appearance.
Eastern Conference All-Star Roster
- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)*
- Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat)*
- Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)*
- Paul George (Indiana Pacers)*
- LeBron James (Miami Heat)*
- DeMar DeRozan (Toronto Raptors)
- Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets)
- John Wall (Washington Wizards)
- Chris Bosh (Miami Heat)
- Paul Millsap (Atlanta Hawks)
- Joakim Noah (Chicago Bulls)
- Roy Hibbert (Indiana Pacers)
Western Conference All-Star Roster
- Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)*
- Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)*
- Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)*
- Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)*
- Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves)*
- James Harden (Houston Rockets)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
- Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers)
- LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
- Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets)
* denotes starter
Tags: Demar Derozan