The Trojans are in hot pursuit of three players who are ranked in the top-40, are in the mix for an additional four outside the top-40, but within the top 100, and with the expanded list, have more of a presence.
With seven commits in Rivals 250, the Trojans lead the conference with Stanford and UCLA the next closest with six each.
The newest Trojan commit to appear in the Rivals ranking is Rashead Johnson (Long Beach, Calif./Cabrillo). Interestingly, Johnson is listed as a wide receiver, but the likelihood remains he will switch over to defense for the Trojans.
The highest ranked prospect the Trojans are in pursuit of is five-star Adoree’ Jackson (Gardena, Calif./Junipero Serra), who is rated the No. 6 player in the 2014 class.
With wide receiver Shay Fields (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) de-committing on Tuesday, the Trojans currently have four scholarships available with plenty of fish to be caught.
Trojan commits in Rivals 250:
- No. 90 Viane Talamaivao (Corona, Calif./Centennial)
- No. 139 Rashead Johnson (Long Beach, Calif./Cabrillo)
- No. 154 Jonathan Lockett (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei)
- No. 160 Bryce Dixon (Ventura, Calif./St. Bonaventure)
- No. 195 Chris Brown (Los Angeles, Calif./Loyola)
- No. 212 Toa Lobendahn (La Habra, Calif./La Habra)
- No. 228 Olajuwon Tucker (Gardena, Calif./Junipero Serra)