Ed Orgeron may just have the interim head coach label for the time being following Lane Kiffin’s firing, but he’s not too afraid to change things up, a la Pete Carroll. In stark contrast from the lack of transparency that Kiffin offered reporters, and subsequently the fans, Orgeron has not only opened up practice, but he’s opened the Trojans’ medical chart.
During Orgeron’s first full practice as interim head coach, he gave a full injury report during his post-practice press scrum with the media. Here’s the report, as stated by Orgeron:
- Morgan Breslin (hamstring) is considered “out”, and his timetable is indefinite.
- Silas Redd (knee) practiced for the first time all season, and is slated to make his season debut next Thursday vs. Arizona.
- Marqise Lee (knee sprain) is listed as day-to-day. “We’re going to work hard to get him ready for next week,” said Orgeron. “We don’t know if he’ll be ready or not.”
- De’Von Flournoy (ankle sprain) is out indefinitely.
- Darreus Rogers (ankle sprain) is hopeful to play next week, and he’ll be running drills this week to test his ankle.
- Justin Davis (ankle sprain) left practice early on Wednesday, though the severity of the injury is unknown.