1) Will penalties be an issue? This has been beaten to death on every level, but there’s no getting around the fact that USC leads the nation in penalties. Interestingly enough, Oregon has the lowest opponent penalties per game average in the conference.
2) Who will win the third quarter? USC’s third quarter woes this season have been well documented but they are especially important to note with the Ducks coming to town. The Trojans have failed to score more than seven points in any third quarter this season. Last year in a win at Autzen, they scored 17.
3) How will Trojan fans respond to De’Anthony Thomas? Thomas was all set to be a Trojan before a last minute recruiting trip and a contentious signing day switch to Oregon. This will be his first appearance in the Coliseum before the 90,000 fans he spurned to become a Duck.
4) Oregon will be wearing all-white, will USC come out with a uniform change? Unlikely but still, if there was ever a time to do it…
5) Can Marqise Lee build off last week’s performance? Lee’s production against Arizona was off the charts and against Oregon last season he put in a big game with eight catches for 187 yards and a touchdown. The Duck defensive game plan will likely focus on stopping the electric sophomore, so his level of play will be a big story line.