1. Will Lane Kiffin stick to the conservative play calling at home against a clearly inferior opponent? Kiffin’s explanation of his play calling thus far has pointed to concerns about being on the road. The Trojans are not on the road this week. We’ll see if that changes anything.
2. Can the Trojans cover the spread? The spread opened at -40 even though USC has covered just once this season. Colorado is the most outmatched opponent on the schedule, but are they that outmatched? More importantly, will the offense be able to put up 40 in the first place?
3. How will the backups fair? In a team with depth issues this is the perfect game to give valuable experience to back ups. The question is just how early those back ups will get in the game and whether or not they’ll impress.
4. Will Aundrey Walker finally nail down his starting place at left tackle or will Max Tuerk make an impression? Colorado actually isn’t terrible in the sacks and tackle for loss category – they sit at 38th and 28th nationally. So this could actually be a chance for one of those guys to prove themselves.
5. Will Robert Woods break Dwayne Jarrett’s all-time receptions record? The answer is yes. But even if it is an almost certainty, it deserves attention. Surpassing Jarrett will be quite the feat for Woods, who has already established himself as one of the greatest to ever wear the Cardinal and Gold. The record books should reflect that.