USC convened at Howard Jones field on Tuesday to put the Stanford loss behind them and prepare for their next competition against Cal.
Here are the happenings from Tuesday:
- Lane Kiffin said he was very impressed with Cal QB Zach Maynard’s performance against Ohio State on Saturday. It was the “best I’ve seen from him on film,” Kiffin said.
- Kiffin says The Bears has some “pretty dominant” players that will be tough for #USC to deal with on Saturday
- In regards to Stanford, Lane Kiffin said he hasn’t gotten over the loss yet. “I don’t think that’s possible until you play another game,” he said.
- The head coach said they did try to alter cadence vs Stanford. One play was supposed to snap on 2. The C Cyrus Hobbi instead snapped the ball on 1, resulting in sack.
- Kiffin is “very concerned” about the recent string of fumbles plaguing RB Silas Redd. He has had two over three games, and we all know ball security is a huge thing for Lane Kiffin and his crew.
- On Sunday we reported that freshman Max Tuerk will challenge Aundrey Walker at LT, but so far, it’s too early to determine who has the edge. “We won’t tolerate a lack of effort,” he continued.
USC needs to have a solid week of preparation for Cal and produce a commanding win if they want to get their title hopes back on track.