USC held its 14th and 15th practices of Fall Camp on Friday. The Trojans practiced in shoulder pads and shorts this morning, and held a more extensive practice Friday afternoon.
Here’s the rundown:
- WR Robert Woods sat out the morning practice to allow more recovery time for his ankle, though he did field punts near the end of practice.
- CB Torin Harris, projected to start opposite Nickell Robey, sat out with an apparent hamstring injury.
- LT Aundrey Walker practiced again today. He says he subpluxed his right shoulder, sprained his AC joint, and hyperextended his right thumb but is fine now.
- Friday morning’s session emphasized late-game situations. In one play, The offense set up to attempt a multiple-lateral, all-in type plays, but Lee’s initial pitch back to George Farmer ended in a fumble.
- In the absence of Harris, RS FR Ryan Henderson took several snaps with the first team.
- LB Dion Bailey broke up Matt Barkley‘s Hail Mary at the end of practice.
- RB Curtis McNeal, Bailey, Woods, and WR Marqise Lee all wore yellow no-contact jersey’s in the afternoon practice.
- In a light-hearted moment, K Andre Heidari made a FG to earn late wake-up call for Trojans, then McNeal went double or nothing and Andre missed. The Trojans will now have a 6:00 a.m. wake-up call. Coach Kiffin joked to McNeal, “That’s why you have no money”.
- Coach Lane Kiffin observed that WR George Farmer had his best practice since the spring today.
- USC will have it’s second scrimmage on Sunday at the Coliseum. Kiffin said the players are looking forward to tackling again.
- Aundrey Walker is “still not full speed,” but coach is optimistic about his growth
- Kiffin perceived that the defense had an off day Friday, but praised his offensive skill position players.
The 16th Fall Camp practice is scheduled for 3:15 p.m. Saturday afternoon.