USC is still holding Trojan Football Camp in the baseball park at Dedeaux field, as Howard Jones is currently being re-sodded due to taking a beating from the football team, and heat exposure. The team had a pretty light practice today with no pads, after a strenuous set of two-a-days on Wednesday, so no major developments from Troy.
Here is the rundown of Thursday afternoon’s events:
- OT Aundrey Walker (wrist) worked with the first team this afternoon. This is his second practice back after being sidelined with injury. Though he got back into the action, he did not necessarily look 100-percent.
- WR Marqise Lee limped off the field but later came back. He went on to grab a long TD pass out of the air.
- WR Nelson Agholor did not practice today, for unspecified reasons.
- LBs Hayes Pullard and Dion Bailey both practiced today. Hayes Pullard played MLB while Lamar Dawson (calf) remained out. Bailey actually returned to practice Wednesday but Pullard stayed out with an apparent ankle sprain.
- Nickell Robey told the media today that he will handle punt returns, while Robert Woods and Marquis Lee will handle kick returns.
- FR TE Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick was the last player on the field at the end of practice, having a 1-on-1 with coach Justin Mesa.
- Coach Kiffin said they have no plans to move anyone to DE, including Charles Burks who was just moved from that position. He said it would be unfair to switch Burks a second time this fall.
- He further noted that today’s practice was designed to work on situational stuff, and more mental aspects of the game.
Trojan two-a-days start again Friday, with practices at 9:20 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.