Pac-12 Media Day kicks off on Tuesday, and this year’s is gonna be a good one. With four new coaches, discussion of USC’s title run hopes, the recent development of Penn State’s sanctions, and various other story lines, the media is going to have a field day.
And for those of us that are going to watch from home, are you in for a treat!
Pac-12 Media day will begin at 9 a.m. PT and run until 4 p.m., with each coach and two players from each team fielding questions about the upcoming season. The event, taking place at Universal City Walk in Hollywood, will be streamed online on the Pac-12 website, or the Pac-12 YouTube channel. USC head coach Lane Kiffin, Matt Barkley, and T.J. McDonald are slated to go on at 10:55.
This day-long press conference is going to be great. Why? For all the silly, repetitive, and WTF questions that the journalists are undoubtedly going to ask. And what is the best thing to do when tasked with watching something that is silly, repetitive and WTF? Make it a game.
A drinking game, to be exact.
So here it is, the Pac-12 Media Day Drinking Game. You’re Welcome, Trojan Family.
Drink for one second every time…
- A coach says they are “excited” about the upcoming season.
- Mike Leech has to answer a question about the incident at Texas Tech
- Any of the new coaches are asked to compare their new school to their old school
- Todd Graham is asked if coaching at ASU is his “dream job”.
Drink for two seconds every time…
- Lane Kiffin is asked about USC’s title hopes for 2012
- Kiffin is asked about the 2013 recruiting class
- Any coach is asked about Penn State’s sanctions
- The UCLA group is asked about USC
- Every time “50-0″ is brought up
- A member of the media starts a question with “Talk about…”
Drain The Cup When:
- Chip Kelly gets asked about his hot tub.
With these parameters, Pac-12 Media Day should be a jolly good time for those watching at home. So kick back, relax, get some great insight for the coming season, and bottoms up!