The NCAA West Preliminary Rounds for track & field concluded on Saturday, and 17 individual Trojans qualified in 18 events, as well as the women’s 4x100m and the men’s 4x400m relay teams, to move on to the NCAA Championships. The West Preliminary Rounds were hosted by Texas at Mike A. Myers stadium in Austin, Texas.
Of the men who qualified for the championships, one was football star Marquise Lee, who we talked about earlier for his outstanding performance in the long jump competition.
Here’s the complete list of the Women of Troy who will be competing in the NCAA championships, followed by the men:
- Lauren Blackburn, 100m high hurdles
- Alitta Boyd, triple jump)
- Kristine Busa, javelin
- Alexandra Collatz, discus
- Marissa Minderler, hammer
- Dalilah Muhammad, 400m hurdles
- Jade Niemeyer, hammer
- Jenny Ozorai, hammer
- Aareon Payne, 200m
- 4x100m relay team: Loudia Laarman, Payne, Akawkaw Ndipagbor and Jessica Davis
Men of Troy:
- Aaron Brown, 100m & 200m
- Joey Hughes, 400m
- Marqise Lee, long jump
- Josh Mance, 400m
- Bryshon Nellum, 400m
- Davonte Stewart, 200m
- Daniel Szabo, hammer
- Reggie Wyatt, 400m hurdles
- 4x400m relay team (Nellum, Hughes, Mance, Wyatt, Duane Walker and Scott DeYoung)
- The NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships will take place June 6-9, at Drake Stadium in Des Moine, Iowa. For a complete recap of USC’s performance at Prelims, click here.